Re: Debian Programming languages

On 5/24/19 10:03 PM, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
On 5/24/19 7:28 PM, Christian Groessler wrote:
On 5/24/19 6:51 PM, john doe wrote:
On 5/24/2019 6:14 PM, ghe wrote:
Perl is happily off on it's own. "There's more than one way..." Boy is
there ever. Nice to write, but it's next to impossible to understand
other people's code. Python, IMHO, seems to be creeping up to replace
it.

I'm typically referring to perl as a "write-only" language. :-)

But don't get me wrong, I like it...

regards,
chris

That is not true. The freedom to write unreadable code doesn't mean that
the language is bad.

I guess you didn't notice the smiley in my message...

I'm sometimes having hmm.. let's say "problems" ... understanding what I had written ~10yrs ago. Typically regexp-related. That's not a problem of the language, but a problem in my understanding as I don't use perl on a day-to-day basis.

I stated "I like it", and that's true. I dislike python on the other hand...

regards,
chris