Re: I need to recover the logins and pws from a wheezy FF

Gene Heskett composed on 2019-05-23 18:25 (UTC-0400):

> I can mount the drive the wheezy install is on, no problem, but I've zero
> clue where in all those hashed subdir ff has them stored in.  Any know

You don't have to have profile data in a directory with a name your brain cannot
remember. ~/.mozilla/firefox/profiles.ini is a plain text file defining profile(s)
location(s). You can put a profile anywhere you please.

> what file or dir I copy over to the stretch install that will get me
> back my login data for my bank?

They're in a subdirectory under ~/.mozilla/
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/back-and-restore-information-firefox-profiles
It links to another page to explain more selective copying in the first list item
following the first note. Even more detail is provided on
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data
key4.db might be the only file you actually need.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/