Re: What to buy for Buster?

On 5/23/19, Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mine's handsome. Dell XPS 420. Runs NICE on Debian... when it's
> running. It's still in need of a new power supply. Intentions are to
> attempt to find one again tonight.
>
> I can't swear 100%, but I THINK it did NOT do Nvidia issues. I
> remember lsmod'ing while following along with a Debian-User thread one
> day.
>
> Well, I didn't have to fight anything, anyway, if it does do Nvidia.
> That might be k/t its attached monitor, too, somehow. It came with a
> stock graphics card (whatever that was that has its own fan) and is
> attached to something resembling a "Dell 1908FPT" monitor.
>
> < snip-snip-snip for brevity >
>
> Dell Inspiron laptop/tablet duo appears to work fine with a Linux
> operating system (that came along with). Just haven't taken time yet
> to install Debian, but I anticipate no problems when that day finally
> comes...

PPS Afterthought... My Dell's have been CHAMPS through some phenomenal
external temperature highs and lows for almost 20 years now (abject
#poverty, yada-yada).

For that reason first and foremost, they're my initial search target
whenever it comes time to start looking around for something more
modern. The final decision each time is eventually boiled down to
current availability and rock bottom price... :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with birdseed *