Re: What to buy for Buster?

On Thu, 23 May 2019 19:24:21 +0000
Erik Josefsson <erik.hjalmar.josefsson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a million! I'm not a gamer, would this machine be OK you think?
>
> https://www.bluecity.se/hp-compaq-8200-elite-sff-2-50ghz-250gb-hdd-windows-10-8gb-ram-svart-50074
>
> It's on the shelf for sale just down town, so I could buy it tomorrow!

Difficult to say, but it looks likely to be OK. If you're staying away
from wireless, that's certainly one less problem. There's not much else
to go wrong. These days, if you have sound problems, you forget the MB
and just plug in a cheap USB sound thing.

The people with problems are those using fairly unusual hardware, like
the Intel Baytrail-based things. 'Oh it runs fine with Linux, just
the sound and the wi-fi not working...'

--
Joe