kvm win8 guest audio is terrible.

I created a fresh install of debian stretch amd64. In that, I created a qemu/kvm guess install of win8. It only accepted hda as a valid sound card. All others show us without drivers. So, I am limited to only HDA as -soundhw. Further HDA sounds so broken if I try to test with any sound file or youtube video. It is grainy/distorted and outright horrible.

Google searches mentions something about MSI and those approaches are simply not accepted by win8. So, I could not use them. I am wondering if there is something fundamentally wrong with windows guests or is there a setting that I am missing?

Ramesh