Re: how to report bugs? (reportbug broken)

Quoting nico.schloemer@gmail.com (2019-05-22 19:32:09)
> Thank you too for the quick reply.
>
> > Try avoid the GUI mode of reportbug.
>
> How do I do this? `reportbug -h` doesn't say anything about it.

On my Debian system `man reportbug` mentions "gtk" in relation to a "-u"
option - if yours doesn't then I guess that's one of the areas Ubuntu
differ, or perhaps a difference in versions used: I use reportbug 7.5.2.

Maybe do `reportbug --configure`

> > If literally "nothing happened"
>
> Your scepticism prompted me to check again and indeed, I had
> overlooked a failure message from debian. Apparently, there was
> something wrong with my "pseudo headers". I'll read the instructions
> [1] again and try once more.

Nice :-)

 - Jonas