Re: dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration (Swedish with "|")

On 5/22/19 12:40 PM, David Wright wrote:
On Wed 22 May 2019 at 04:06:46 (+0000), Erik Josefsson wrote:
On 5/5/19 7:21 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
I don't know if there is a screw loose in your laptop, or
warewolves pissed on a USB plugs.
Well, what comes out of one of the keyboards now is ppppppppppppppppp.
Rapidly or intermittently?

I found the laptop "p"-ing when coming back after wiping, among other things, baby drool in another room. My daughter is 19 months.

More specifically, I came back to a growing line of p's in an open text document in Mousepad (the xfce editor). I did not press any key, nor was the p's coming rapidly or intermittently. I just closed Mousepad.

Is this permanent (whenever you switch on) or just occasional?

It continued in Thunderbird, but less aggressive, kind of like at the end of the walk with the dog (if the allegory still holds for another joke).

Or did it start mid-session?

I think more like mid session, but not sure. I have now put that laptop on the shelf.

If something similar happens with this laptop, we can rule out baby drool. I'm keeping it safe from now on.

But it also means I will have to stop testing things and instead find for another mode of working with Debian.

After dpkg-reconfigure console-setup or keyboard-configuration?

Probably unrelated.

But you never know (full moons etc).

Best regards.

//Erik