Re: Gene you poor soul

Gene Heskett composed on 2019-05-21 23:40 (UTC-0400):

> I can't
> even find the printer setup as I only had one other winbox in my life..

It's nicely disguised in my Win10 Pro. 39 items in the Control Panel, and instead
of a title that starts with a P for printer, printer is hidden in D, for "Devices
and Printers". Moronic.

All my printing since too far back to remember is done via ethernet cable from
printer to LAN switch. It's been so long since I set one up I don't remember
whether I ever involved cups. I give the printer a fixed IP. Printer applets
magically find these fixed IPs.

I would think if the site you're at has a LAN with a printer connected it ought to
be available to anything connected to the LAN, wired or wireless. Even if you
can't get to the site's printer directly, something at home there ought to be able
to take your print file and get it out via a z3azx printer.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/