Re: Gene you poor soul

On Wednesday 22 May 2019 04:02:45 am Curt wrote:

> On 2019-05-22, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> > Its working now, and I have other irons in the fire, like how do I
> > print to a printer shared by cups, from a win 10 Home edition that
> > has taken a snapshot of its full screen window and has stored it on
> > the win 10 box.
>
> I did it like this (I'm failing to parse some of the above, but
> whatever).

Not unusual, I don't touch type, and my brain outruns my fingers.  The
results can be confusing due to skipped words, my apologies.

>  Open up the web interface to the server, select the Administration
> tab, look under the Server heading, and enable the "Share printers
> connected to this system" option. Save your change by clicking on the
> Change Settings button. The server will automatically restart.
>
>  On the Windows computer, go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers
> and choose 'Add a printer'. If on Windows 10, click "The printer that
> I want is not listed". Next, choose 'Select a shared printer by name'
> and type in the location of the printer:
>
>  http://hostname:631/printers/Printer_Name
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CUPS/Printer_sharing#Between_GNU.
>2FLinux_and_Windows

I'll print this and take it to the windows box and check this out later
today, thank you.  But I'll have to use ip addresses as I've yet to
figure out how to set a hosts file on windows.  Like I said below, I'm
the guy they write all those for dummies books for. And which by the
time they get to the bookselves at wallies, are out of date. :(

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)