Re: got a new problem with heyu, and it is a bug in bfltty that kills all /dev/ttyUSBnumber's

On Wednesday 22 May 2019 03:47:00 am Curt wrote:

> On 2019-05-21, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> >> That I don't know. I don't have it here on my Stretch. It would be
> >> interesting to discover what dragged brltty into yours.
> >
> > Good question. The install image is supposed to be the latest
> > straight amd64 debian stretch, with a rt-preempt kernel and the
> > latest stable 2.7.4 linuxcnc.  Not much else is supposed to be
> > changed.
>
> If you had your ft232 connected at install time, and it was mistaken
> for a refreshable braille display, I suppose that would've brought in
> brltty as a consequence.

Humm, makes perfect sense since at the time there were 3 plugged in.
I'll generally disconnect any drives I don't want a new install to
touch, but it never occurred to me that I should unplug the usb stuffs.

But that I suspect explains it.  Call it mystery solved.

Thanks Curt.

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)