Re: Gene you poor soul

On 2019-05-22, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> Its working now, and I have other irons in the fire, like how do I print
> to a printer shared by cups, from a win 10 Home edition that has taken a
> snapshot of its full screen window and has stored it on the win 10 box.

I did it like this (I'm failing to parse some of the above, but whatever).

 Open up the web interface to the server, select the Administration tab,
 look under the Server heading, and enable the "Share printers connected
 to this system" option. Save your change by clicking on the Change
 Settings button. The server will automatically restart.

 On the Windows computer, go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers and
 choose 'Add a printer'. If on Windows 10, click "The printer that I want
 is not listed". Next, choose 'Select a shared printer by name' and type
 in the location of the printer:

 http://hostname:631/printers/Printer_Name

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CUPS/Printer_sharing#Between_GNU.2FLinux_and_Windows