Re: Gene you poor soul

On Tuesday 21 May 2019 08:07:17 pm Jude DaShiell wrote:

> If brltty is killing all other usb numbers, that's a bug that needs
> fixing!  Much of the other computer peripherals going into modern
> computers these days go in through usb ports.
> If that ran, my standard keyboard and speakers would be killed and if
> those two get killed, I can't use a computer since I use speech
> synthesis for output since I've never been able to see a screen.

This only affected the seriel to usb dongles.  And I've at least 3 in
this system.  Since x10 will never make another CM-11a, and a
firecracker is different enough it won't talk to any of the older stuff,
it either works or I build a whole new system to automate one group of
lights.

> One time I remember the Navy went and fixed band width hogging bugs
> with their mandatory training and took out the requirement to position
> a mouse and click to move to the next slide.  This was done to support
> accessibility.  Its other effect was on all of the ships in the
> fleets. Sailors suddenly discovered it was easier to complete their
> mandatory training.
> That was one instance where accessibility improvement had a good
> effect on those in remote environments.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)