Re: got a new problem with heyu

On Tuesday 21 May 2019 02:31:20 pm David Wright wrote:

> On Tue 21 May 2019 at 13:53:59 (-0400), Gene Heskett wrote:
> > >
> > > https://brltty.app/
> > >
> > > There's some kind of conflict of interest between the kernel and
> > > brltty, the latter of which is claiming the device.
> > >
> > > If you're not visually impaired, uninstalling the brltty package
> > > might be a fix.
> > >
> > > All gleaned from the thread below (which looks analogous to your
> > > problem):
> > >
> > > https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/520714-Bug-handling-USB
> > >-RS2 32-Serial-cable
> >
> > yup, same nail, same hammer, same log output. Since this reduces the
> > ability of a site impaired user to use these adapter devices, it
> > could be construed as discriminatory in a court of law. The way I
> > see it, this can be dumped in brltty's from yard with instructions
> > to fix it, asap.
>
> If you want to take this breathless view of bug-fixing, perhaps you
> should install sid; stretch was release virtually two years ago.
>
> And since when were people hailed into court for misconfiguring
> their software, particularly when it reminds you all the time of:

In this day and time David, you never can tell when some libtard might
take the A.D.A. seriously enough to hire a lawyer who never heard of the
GPL. If he is worth his hourly, he will read up on it, then go shoping
for a co-operative judge. One thing I've learned in my 84 years is to
rarely say never.  Somewhere there's an idiot plotting how to make some
money from a lawsuit.  He has the mistaken idea its better than working
for his 3 hots and a cot under a roof. I'm 200% with you, but I'd hate
to see what little income debian purports to have, wasted on legal
beagles.

>     "The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free
> software; the exact distribution terms for each program are described
> in the individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
>
>     "Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
>      permitted by applicable law."
>
> Cheers,
> David.

Cheers, Gene Heskett