Re: got a new problem with heyu

On Tue 21 May 2019 at 13:53:59 (-0400), Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 May 2019 05:13:45 am Curt wrote:
> > On 2019-05-21, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> > > I have no clue what brltty is, its new  to me.  Whats going on?
> >
> > https://brltty.app/
> >
> > There's some kind of conflict of interest between the kernel and
> > brltty, the latter of which is claiming the device.
> >
> > If you're not visually impaired, uninstalling the brltty package
> > might be a fix.
> >
> > All gleaned from the thread below (which looks analogous to your
> > problem):
> >
> > https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/520714-Bug-handling-USB-RS2
> >32-Serial-cable
> >

> yup, same nail, same hammer, same log output. Since this reduces the
> ability of a site impaired user to use these adapter devices, it could
> be construed as discriminatory in a court of law. The way I see it, this
> can be dumped in brltty's from yard with instructions to fix it, asap.

If you want to take this breathless view of bug-fixing, perhaps you
should install sid; stretch was release virtually two years ago.

And since when were people hailed into court for misconfiguring
their software, particularly when it reminds you all the time of:

    "The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
     the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
     individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

    "Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
     permitted by applicable law."

Cheers,
David.