Re: got a new problem with heyu, and it is a bug in bfltty that kills all /dev/ttyUSBnumber's

On 2019-05-21, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> This to me is a bug that needs fixed.  No sense in denying someone using

There are already oldenbugs flurrying around the question, Gene.

Here's one from 2012:

tags 667616 + wontfix

 Arthur Magill, le Thu 05 Apr 2012 13:10:27 +0200, a écrit :

 > Can brltty be convinced not to grab this connection?

 It could, but we don't want to, as it would break brltty for people who
 use the braille devices with chips using that ID, making the computer
 completely unusable for them, really not a good thing.

writes Monsieur THIBAULT

> braile facilities being denied the use of such adapters.  Thats
> discriminatory.  And its a bug that could potentially generate a
> lawsuit. So I'm going to add the debian-user list to the CC: Maybe
> someone else with more experience at navigating their way thru bugzilla
> can do it based on what I've written here.

We are positively discriminating in favor of the blind.