Re: Keyboard not responding after exiting X

On Mon 20 May 2019 at 10:39:39 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Monday 20 May 2019 09:55:43 am Greg Wooledge wrote:
>
> > On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 09:51:35AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > Speaking of buster, which should be going public around 1 June, what
> > > will be the apt command line sequences to do the actual update to
> > > buster?
> >
> > The release notes are still being written, but:
> >
> > https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/amd64/release-notes/ch-upgradin
> >g.en.html
>
> looks like it could be rough. Maybe I should get yet another drive and do
> a fresh install...  That way I'd have a fallback just by switching sata
> cables around.

What is "rough" about

1. Alter sources.list
2. apt update
3. apt upgrde
4. apt full-upgrade ?

If it was any simpler, there would be complaints that upgrading from
one Debian version to another is too smooth. :)

There is a school of thought which maintains that a reininstallation
is preferable to an upgrade when there is a new stable. You appear to
belong to this school, which is fine.

--
Brian.