Re: Keyboard not responding after exiting X

On 20/05/2019 13:42, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:
>
>> On Mon 20 May 2019 at 06:15:57 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>>
>>> In order to have PDFtoMusic properly installed and work (see thread
>>> `PDFtoMusic installation') I had to do a full-upgrade to unstable.
>>> Everything is ok now except that, when logging out X (graphical environment,
>>> window manager), the keyboard is totally not responding so that I have to
>>> power off using the external button on the computer case.  Anyone
>>> experimenting the same problem?  Please help whoever can.
>>
>> Bug #929229 and Bug #929250.
>

> Thanks, Brian.  So what should I do, waiting for them to be fixed and do a
> full-upgrade again in a few days/weeks/months...?

My understanding is that you play with the Sid distribution. This distribution is unstable by nature,
and its main purpose is to test and check new packages.
You should rather consider to install Buster which by now can be can considered quite stable.

hth,
Jerome