Re: kernel "unsigned" in sid

Just for the archives...

On Sb, 12 ian 19, 19:31:11, dotdeb@gmail.com wrote:

> Good question. I upgrade my sid regularly and don't mess with the kernel: I

[...]

> Unfortunately no other kernel installed and, unless I go and dig into
> snapsot, at the moment in sid no other kernel version number is available.

In general it's a good idea to have at least two kernels installed, for
sid even more so.

Even if you use the metapackage to always upgrade to the newest one, apt
is typically configured to keep at least one other kernel around (see
01autoremove and 01autoremove-kernels in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/)

> If I try to install the "signed" version, something unhelty happens because
> the same /lib/modules/4.19.0-1-amd64/ is shared by the two.
> I'll wait for the next one.

It is useful to have have testing in your sources.list when running
unstable. E.g. in your situation you could install the kernel from
testing, which is usually different from unstable.

Kind regards,
Andrei