Re: No Books in print on Systemd?

IIRC the 2nd edition of Armstrong's Kernel Internals book has a chapter on it. But don't remember for sure.

On Sat, May 18, 2019, 6:12 PM Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/18/19, Kenneth Parker <sea7kenp@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know there are controversies on Systemd (including in Debian  --  for
> example, Devuan), but I want to learn enough about it to (Horrors!)  become
> an expert.
>
> And yes, I have found several online resources, including on the Debian
> Wiki.  (I'm also reading https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/
>  ).
>
> My problem?  My best times for reading are times where a "Paper Book" is
> best.  Unfortunately, I haven't found any.
>
> If I'm missing something, please tell me.  Otherwise, do any of you know if
> someone's working on a Book?

Hi.. I took a super quick poke at it. Mostly landed a bunch of
references to something called "Savaged by Systemd".. =)

Did also see the following two:

* How Linux Works, 2nd Edition (Paperback); Brian Ward; 2015..
Incidentally references systemd as one of the many topics covered.

* Fedora Linux Servers with systemd: second edition; Petersen,
Richard; 2016. Systemd is in the title.......

Otherwise, I wonder if the seeming shortage of tangible books is about
how volatile this topic is..

Or if it's maybe because it's an evolving, moving target
development-wise (just like all its counterparts)? Maybe it's hard to
document on paper because that [media] becomes outdated, thus
basically fire starter material, almost as fast as it's printed when
it comes to tech subjects?

Personally, I've bought several older tech books purely for
occasionally waxing nostalgic. :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey