Re: Recommended debootsrap tutorials

On Mi, 12 dec 18, 09:56:09, Richard Owlett wrote:

> As some of my interest was focused on finding out just how small a useful
> Debian system could be, I was pointed towards debootstrap. I didn't have
> needed background at that time. I've continued to pursue the literature
> sporadically.
>
> One of the problems was everything seemed to be focused on a foreign
> architecture &/or release &/or being run on a non-Debian machine.
>
> My interest has been rekindled. I wish to understand debootstrap. To that
> end I do a minimalist bootable Debian installation.

> I will use the same release and architecture of the current machine.

Hi Richard,

Because I wanted to run pure Debian and didn't like the customizations
the pre-built PINE A64+ images had I wrote a small script to build my
own (bootable) images.

https://salsa.debian.org/amp-guest/pine64/blob/master/pine64_buildimage

It could serve as inspiration (or base) to write your own script.

Kind regards,
Andrei