Re: Just had to reset/reboot again, total loss of keyboard & mouse

Gene Heskett composed on 2019-05-18 03:46 (UTC-0400):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> Does /var/log/journal/ exist?

> no, should it?

It's the home of the optional persistent systemd journal. The option is configured
simply by its presence or not. I resisted it for several years, but no more since
over a year ago.

>> If it does, try:

>> 	journalctl | grep hid-common

> which says I should sudo it, and when I do, grep only finds itself in 3
> stanza's with wrong syntax on the 2nd invocation:
> COMMAND=/bin/grep -Rhid-common

"If it exists". Dunno what's expected when it doesn't exist.

You seem to have picked up youngster's misusage of English. "3 stanzas" do not
possess "with wrong syntax". :-D

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/