Re: FW: knockd package long-standing bug

On Fri 17 May 2019 at 20:20:03 +0000, Riccardo Paolo Bestetti wrote:

> > You could also consider just applying the patches which work for you
> > and getting on with life. Bugs have been reported and not responded
> > to. You have done your part; now it is up to someone else who is in
> > a position to do something about it.
> I was only trying to help, or at least find out if I could do it
> easily enough. It seemed like the right thing to do.

I understood that and it is an honorable intention. However, the BTS
is a main point of contact between ordinary users and maintainers. If
there is no outcome there, the channels of communication are limited.

> > Note that the Package Salvaging process "..is only intended for
> > actively taking over maintainership." How an ordinary user would
> > start the process doesn't appear to be documented.
> Actually, it is documented pretty well! It's called an "NMU" [1].

Indeed, an NMU is documented, but it is a process not open to users
as a whole.

--

Brian.