Re: Screenshots of Debian software

On 17/05/2019 10:36, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 03:40:20PM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Looking at https://screenshots.debian.net/ ; the Debian project seems to
>> want some screen shots of different applications etc.
>>
>> I have taken some screenshots for various purposes and since seeing this
>> have started to rename, organize  and keep them in case the are useful
>> for this part of the project.
>>
>> These are currently stored on Salsa at
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/zleap-guest/screenshots
>>
>> Is anyone here, on the team that deals with screenshots please,  I am
>> probably far better at taking the screenshots, renaming them etc and
>> uploading them to salsa,  where I am happy for someone to download them
>> and upload to the screenshot repository as required.  please use which
>> ever license is appropriate.
>
> In this reply I am copying Christoph Haas, who originally set up the
> Screenshots project, and also the Debian Games Team, who have made heavy
> use of it in the past. Perhaps someone will be interested in exploring
> moving your screenshots into the screenshots.debian.net collection.
>
> However, at the moment, you have in your collection only pictures for
> brasero, devede, libreoffice, and rocksndiamonds, all of which have
> screenshots on screenshots.debian.net already. So it's unlikely anyone
> will spare the time to ferry these particular ones over.
>
>> If we need a volunteer to do the uploading to the above site, I am _not_
>> offering to volunteer as I am trying to do other things relating to the
>> project.
>
> It's very easy to upload screenshots to screenshots.debian.net. Possibly
> less work than organising them in a git repository. I just did one to
> test and it took seconds
> (http://screenshots.debian.net/package/crispy-doom)

Hi

Thanks for this, I have cc'd Christoph Haas and the games team in to
this too.

I will be creating more screenshots and will add them to my repository
and they are then open to be used generally.

I will also look at what we are short of and see if I can help in that
respect too.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton