Re: please do *never* use GitHub for free software, was Re: Salsa vs Github

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 09:28:51AM +0200, Dominik George wrote:
> >> please do*never*  use GitHub for free software

[links]

Thanks for the links. Up to now, I avoided Github mainly because
I'm always wary of those "open core", which pay lip service to
"Open Source" (and make heavy use of free software) while taking
advantage of the network effect to keep users captive.

After Microsoft's "kiss of death" they're doubly-suspect to me.

But it's always good to have some links by smarter people than
me...

Cheers
-- t