Re: Install backport during netinstall installation process

On 16/05/19, Curt (curty@free.fr) wrote:
> On 2019-05-16, Rory Campbell-Lange <rory@campbell-lange.net> wrote:
> >
> > Consequently I'd be grateful to know if:
> >
> > * it is possible to somehow install the backport kernel and dependencies
> >   during the netinstall process
> >   (apt-get install doesn't seem available on the virtual terminals)
>
> I guess preseeding is one way of doing it (gleaned from a rapid internet
> search):
>
> https://blog.raymond.burkholder.net/index.php?/archives/899-Debian-Preseed-Backport-Kernel.html

That is very helpful, Curt. Thanks a lot.

Apart from the link you've kindly pointed me to, there is also an
ancient but still pertinent-seeming post here about using preseed files
with netboot:
https://www.credativ.com/credativ-blog/2010/07/howto-debian-preseed-with-netboot

Also the manual at https://www.debian.org/releases/stretch/amd64/apbs02.html.en
suggests one can provide a preseed.cfg file via tftp, e.g.

  preseed/url=tftp://host/path/to/preseed.cfg
  preseed/url/checksum=5da499872becccfeda2c4872f9171c3d

I'll give that a go.

Thanks a lot!
Rory