Re: Strange event handling problem with Xfce/LXDE - which pkg responsible?

Hi,

On Wed, 15 May 2019 20:50:47 +0200
"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

(...)
> But why then is this not a widespread problem ?
> Xfce uses GTK like Gnome does. Originall events are a matter of the X
> Window system. But this knowledge is meanwhile subject to bit rot.

I don't know much about these things, I would have guessed that the WM is
somewhere in between X and Tk (or Gtk or any other toolkit). Btw., IceWm
uses Gtk, too. So it apparently has nothing to do with the WM using Gtk.

> So what do you get from programs like xev ?

With xev here using Xfce I get the expected behavior, no bogus Enter or
Leave events when clicking into the window. Does that point to Tk as the
culprit? But then, why doesn't it happen with IceWM or FVWM?

Regards

Michael

Intuition, however illogical, is recognized as a command prerogative.
		-- Kirk, "Obsession", stardate 3620.7