Re: FW: knockd package long-standing bug

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 10:56:18PM +0000, Riccardo Paolo Bestetti wrote:
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>Bug #868015 has been open since Jul 2017 [...]

> >Hi Riccardo, I'll take a chance at answering your question [...]

[good points]

> Your input is much appreciated and you made some valid and interesting points.
>
> To clarify, I really didn't mean to sound harsh or resentful towards
> the maintainer and/or the list [...]

You've got good points, both of you. And no, Riccardo, I don't think
you sound harsh.

I don't understand to whom you sent a mail: to the maintainer's (Leonardo's)
Debian address or to the bug tracker? Perhaps you might try to send a
mail directly to the maintainer?

It seems the package hasn't received much love recently (the last thing
which happened was the migration to testing & unstable in Nov 2016 [1].

Perhaps Leonardo is too busy or has other trouble. This happens, life is
sometimes harsh to us all. There are processes in Debian for those cases,
the MIA (aka "Missing in Action") team [1] and Package Salvaging [2].

The second one seems "softer", I'd try that first.

Cheers

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/knockd
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/MIATeam
[3] https://wiki.debian.org/PackageSalvaging