Re: virtual device both is and isn't a valid file system [solved]

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 10:20 AM Ross Boylan
<rossboylan@stanfordalumni.org> wrote:

> Noticing the "write on read-only" error, and remembering it should be
> read-only, I added that to the mount options.  Which still failed, but
> differently:
Well, it failed differently in the sense that it succeeded :) Yay!
I was fooled by the errors in dmsg, which referred to previous
attempts.  As you predicted and I hoped, mounting with the read-only
option succeeded.

Reco, thanks so much for your help.

On to the next problem....

Ross

P.S. One reason I'm trying for read-only is that sdf2 is already the
backup from the failing drive.