Re: Speed Problem Copying Files

On 5/14/19 12:34 AM, Lothar Schilling wrote:
Thanks for your help, David. But to boot the machine from a live CD I
will have to pay a visit to the computing centre in Frankfurt anyway. So
instead of running a diagnostic tool I am going to install the system
from scratch, this time using a 64bit version.

Okay. Backup the data, backup the system configuration, and take an image of the system drive before starting. I would test the hardware, just to be sure. Again, I would recommend installing a small SSD as the system drive and using the HDD for data. Take an image of the system drive after re-installing, but before first boot. Configure the system. Restore data. Validate services, including backups of this machine. Take another image of the system drive before leaving.

David