Re: Speed Problem Copying Files

On 2019-05-13, Lothar Schilling <ls@proasyl.de> wrote:
> Am 13.05.2019 um 10:51 schrieb Tixy:
>> On Mon, 2019-05-13 at 10:30 +0200, Lothar Schilling wrote:
>> [...]
>>> # uname -a
>>> Linux [my.server.com] 4.9.0-9-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.9.168-1
>>> (2019-04-12) i686 GNU/Linux
>> So you're running a 32-bit system, not 64-bit. Is that because you're
>> running on very old hardware or a decision for some other reason?
>>
> Neither old hardware nor deliberate decision - just plain stupid. But
> would it really matter?

I'd give it a shot with 4 cores and 32 GB of ram. Why you wouldn't and
haven't is one of those mysteries that'll probably remain
unresolved in my lifetime.

--
“When he was dry, he believed it was alcohol he needed, but when he had a few
drinks in him, he knew it was something else, possibly a woman; and when he had