Numeric keypad not working on Gnome lock screen

Hi,

Recently the numeric keypad stopped working on the Gnome lock screen.
When booting, the numlock is in the 'off' state and I can simply turn
it on by pressing the numlock key'. When I lock the screen (Super+L),
the numlock light is still on, but pressing a number activates the
second function (arrow, pg up, etc.), I can get numbers by holding the
'shift' key, but not by setting the numlock in either ON of OFF.

Any help in fixing this is appreciated.

Kinds regards,
Steven

PS: please keep me in CC, as I'm not subscribed to the mailing list.