Here is another wierd one for you

Greetings all;

Stretch install from a LCNC respin with a preempt-rt kernel. amd64.

Since I can't get your (amanda-usrs list version) to install, and it
locks out using synatic until I find another root shell and "dpkg -r
amanda-server"

But it left me with the /etc/nut subdir being owned by amandabackup:nut,
disabling nut so I can't talk to my ups.

The only way that could have been fouled is trying to install
amandabackup-server.  I can probably fix it, but this is rapidly getting
to the point of to hell with it.

But I need a backup running, so I just installed the repos version 3.3.9,
and am in the process of making it work with my helper scripts.

But they've changed the usrname to "backup" so obviously I've at least a
megabyte of ownerships to change. Change just to be changing things is
NOT PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So as root I go to /
and
chown -R backup:disk /amandatapes
then as amanda:
brought to you by Amanda 3.3.9)
amanda@coyote:~/amanda$ /usr/sbin/amcheck Daily
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /usr/dumps: 1533084 MB disk space available, using 1532584
MB
slot ?: Can't make directory '/amandatapes/Dailys/drive0': Permission
denied
ERROR: Can't make directory '/amandatapes/Dailys/drive0': Permission
denied
NOTE: conf info dir /usr/local/var/amanda/Daily/curinfo does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
NOTE: index dir /usr/local/var/amanda/Daily/index does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run.
Server check took 0.265 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
WARNING: coyote: selfcheck request failed: Connection refused
Client check: 5 hosts checked in 10.011 seconds.  1 problem found.

(brought to you by Amanda 3.3.9)

What is this "drive0" BS?  Its not in any of _my_ configs. But it is in
Daily/chg-disk and thats a new content file to me. And the 3.3.9 install
seems to have overwritten mine from 3.3.7p1  And no man page. Screw it,
I've beat my head on the wall since about 8 this morning. The original
3.5.1 from zmanda's svn ran just fine for the last 2ish years.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)