Tinker team (Was: Is it possible to install Debian in such a case.)

Quoting tomas@tuxteam.de (2019-05-10 12:01:33)
> On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 11:45:06AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > It sounds like perhaps you would be interested in joining the Tinker
> > team: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianTinker
>
> Sorry to irrupt from the side, but... why didn't I know of that?
> Thanks for the link, and for keeping up the "team" :-)

Because I am bad at promoting my projects :-/

The Tinker project was born during a journey through India by my partner
and I: https://couchdesign.dk/india/

We were meeting Linux hackers all over India with a special interest in
learning about desktop and distribution customizations - what was
adapted and why. In Kerala we met Cherry, a NetBSD developer and
electronics hacker who contrary to most others we met had little
interest in specific looks and behaviour of a graphical desktop but
instead asked into the options and quality of tinker tools available in
Debian.

I am no expert on electronics hacking myself, but want to help support
different customization needs, so I formed the tinker project and
drafted what I imagine could attract tinkeres - people wanting a system
for tinkering with other systems or with the main system itself.

DebianTinker uses Boxer, a tool I am developing to help do Debian Pure
(and dirty) Blends: Track package relationships and tweaks, more
streamlined than doing it by hand but more flexible than making and
using metapackages.

Boxer is used to develop these Debian Blends:

  * DebianParl - a system for individual parlamentarians,
    deployed as a pilot project in the European Parliament
    https://wiki.debian.org/DebianParl
  * DebianDesign - a system for various kinds of visual designers
    https://Design
  * DebianTinker - a system for hardware and software tinkeres
    https://wiki.debian.org/DebianTinker
  * SolidBox - a system for non-technical use of semantic web service
    https://solidbox.org/

Thanks for the interest. :-)

 - Jonas