Re: Is it possible to install Debian in such a case.

> What worries me about this thread is that the OP (who doesn't seem to
> know how the various parts of the d-i are meant to work together) has

I don't know what's d-i mean (short for ?)

> just last week posted a recipe claiming to install Debian using only
> vmlinuz and initrd¹,
no, you need iso file as well.
> and a method of copying a Windows installation
> .iso image to a USB stick involving "rm"ing something, though never
> specifying exactly what is removed.
if you use  cp debian.iso /dev/sdb, or dd,
the file on the USB stick would be erased. if you take my way, it just
mixed the orignal one
with the install media.
>  I also have no idea what
> "destroy kvm prepend nothing happens" means².

I'm sorry to have you worried.
To create a UEFI bootable windows install media is nothing related
with this post

If you don't buy a copy of Windows, you would probably need to destroy
the windows
installation, As soon as we finished create install media from
windows, you definitely
should delete your installation in the grace period.

--
Liu An