Re: config question re ff history etc

On Thursday 09 May 2019 12:51:24 pm Curt wrote:

> On 2019-05-09, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > I have a need to transfer all the prefs -"saved logins" from a
> > wheezy install to a stretch install, separate drives.  And obviously
> > the stretch firefox is about 20 versions newer. What file do I copy
> > from the wheezy drive to the stretch drive so my bank knows its me?
>
> I believe you need the following *two* files:
>
>  key4.db
>  logins.json
>
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Couldn't find it, so I ran updateb with the old drive mounted.

key4.db shows up in several places, but it looks like the one I might
want is one of these two:

this one as its the biggest by quite a bit
/home/gene/.mozilla/firefox/73t2g4uq.default/key4.db except its on this
drive? But copying it over from the old drive didn't seem to do a thing,
and neither did copying logins.json. Firefox  has changed a lot since
wheezy.

So I guess I'll have to shutdown, swap cables to make sdb into sda , boot
wheezy and see if I can con it into printing all that stuff,  I need my
bookmarks-toolbar to make it complete too.  Sigh. Tomorrows project, its
about time to go scare a couple pork chops to death with a hot skillet.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)