Re: Remote server access via KVM?

Tom Browder wrote:
> My remote server hosted with Dedispec has serious problems and they have
> offered me access via KVM.
>
> What do I need on my end to use that access to fix my remote host from my
> home network?
>
> All the references I see are access to VMs running on a local network.

KVM, in this case, means software and hardware that emulates a
keyboard, video screen and mouse at a distance. It should
connect you to your machine's physical console, or as close as
one can come to that.

Dedispec will tell you what access methods are available --
commonly, a Java program, or a web service, or VNC.

Their website says "temporary kvm over IP", which suggests that
they will come and plug in a networked device that will talk to
your server's VGA, USB and PS/2 ports. The client end of that
could be any of the above methods -- ask them.

-dsr-