Re: Help tracking down a random beep

On 2019-05-09, Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had something similar that sounded like a little 6" Elf sneezing in
> my little ASUS laptop/netbook. Same deal where it was very sporadic.
> It turned out to most likely be a warning that it was about to *CLICK*
> off due to overheating..
>
> $ sensors -f

In the event there is no functional motherboard speaker, I guess it
cannot be a BIOS alarm of any kind.

If the OP's somewhere in West Virginia, maybe Gene turned his up so loud
that it's audible down the block.

--
The boys at first were very polite about my medals and asked me what I had done
to get them. I showed them the papers, which were written in very beautiful