Re: Testing netinstall, but use stable release?

On 08/05/19, Brian (ad44@cityscape.co.uk) wrote:
> On Wed 08 May 2019 at 22:12:41 +0100, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:

> > > I downloaded debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso on 29 April but having
> > > just tested this I'm not getting a choice of distribution. I'm in expert
> > > mode (console) -- perhaps I'll try again on the graphical version.
> >
> > I've just tried to install via graphical mode too and my 20190429
> > "Buster" netinstall disk has also has skipped the distribution choice
> > step using this method.
> >
> > Is this something I should report? Thoughts gratefully received.
>
> Not unless you intend to report your failure to read and understand the
> sentence prior to the section from the link quoted above.
>
>   > Please use the netboot installation method.

Thanks for your advice, Brian.

Are you referring to "It is not possible to install sid from a netinst
or full CD. Please use the netboot installation method". I certainly
missed that. My apologies.

Setting up a tftp server in a remote data centre rack is something I'd
like to avoid, but I certainly can if the ability to downgrade the
installation is unique to the netboot method.

Thanks again,
Rory