Re: Testing netinstall, but use stable release?

Hi Rory,

On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 06:32:43PM +0100, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> Is there a clever way of downgrading the installation to stable while
> keeping the testing kernel and associated ixgbe module?

If you run the daily netinst in expert mode doesn't it let you
pick the release you want to install?

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/FAQ#Q:_How_can_I_install_sid_.28unstable.29_with_DebianInstaller.3F

    Start the installation in expert mode. After selecting a mirror
    you will be asked which distribution to install: stable, testing
    or unstable. We recommend using a daily build of the installer
    to install testing or unstable.

However, I think while this might run the netinst with a kernel and
ixgbe module that works for you, it may install a kernel and module
from stable, which apparently does not. So you may need to find a
way to get the right kernel+module on there before you do the final
reboot into your new install.

Cheers,
Andy