RE: debian-user-digest Digest V2019 #415

Gene:

I'm still using Win7, but the process should be similar on Win10:

Find "Control Panel"
Choose "View by" (Small or Large) Icons.  This shows all control panel
items.
Click "Network and Sharing Center"
Click "Change adapter Settings" (upper left corner)
Right-click "Local Area Connection" and choose "Properties"
Uncheck IPv6
Double-click IPv4
Choose "Use the following IP address:"
Fill in the blanks.
Click "OK" and "OK" to apply the settings
Click the "X" in the upper right to close the control panel
Give it a few seconds - should not need to reboot.

I've been doing that a lot lately working with OpenWrt.

NEVER shut Windows down with the power button (or by pulling or cutting the
cord ;-) ).  Find the "Start" button in the lower left corner and choose
"Shutdown".  If it says "Switch User", "Log Off", "Lock", "Sleep",
"Hibernate", or "Restart", then click the little arrow.  This will open up a
drop-down list where you can choose "Shutdown".  Next time "Shutdown" will
be the default.

David
(Old Windows user - new Linux (Debian CLI) user)