Re: plasma5 - howto reload keyboard module?

in-reply-to=<[🔎] 5932208.fLDAk1ykGo@protheus2>

>Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de>
>No input is possible. The mouse is working.
>
>Question: Is there any possibilty to reload the keyboard module (I do not
know, if plasma is using the kernel module or its own) without completely
>restarting plasma5?

On stretch, I removed all the input method things that I did using sddm,
so I switched to lightdm.  There is a strange bug where the ibus dialog is
hidden in the upper left corner of the screen, above the desktop control
icon, and beneath the left hot corner to present all windows.  You can
remove the pkg, or find the dialog and tell it not to load ibus on
startup.  it may be in /etc/xdg/startup, I don't recall at the moment.

I also disabled keyboard daemon in systemsettings>startup/shutdown I don't
think it is very useful anyway.