Re: How to get a clean situation for nvidia drivers

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 12:27:51PM +0100, Andrea Borgia wrote:
> Il giorno mar 12 mar 2019 alle ore 22:34 Boyan Penkov <
> boyan.penkov@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>

> > I installed nvidia-legacy-390, uninstalled nvidia-legacy-checker, and my
> > machine survived a reboot with the GUI coming up nicely.
> >

> Perhaps a silly question but... how do I know whether my card is a "Fermi"
> card as the warning in nvidia-graphics-drivers says?
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
> RV370 [Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series]

This one is definitely not: Fermi is an NVIDIA family (well, architecture
[1]), whereas yours is ATI (now part of AMD), which is NVIDIA's rival [2]

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_(microarchitecture)
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI_Technologies

Cheers
-- tomás