Re: And now, from the Nice people? Re: Group thoughts on: Anti-virus tools

> Not that I'm aware of.  The thing is - instead of taking an insecure OS
> and building assorted kludges (in the form of anti-virus) around it,
> it's considered wise here to use a secure OS from the beginning.

This is misleading: all OSes are somewhat insecure, in practice.
The question is what to do when a security hole is found: plug the hole
right away, or try to recognize potential attacks via some anti-virus
software?

Of course, AV software houses can't really plug security holes in
Windows (only Microsoft can), so their livelihood depends on making
people believe that an AV is a good supplement.

        Stefan