Caja's file search --- BUG or Feature?

I'm running Stretch with MATE desktop.

If I submit a sub-string of a filename to "MATE Search Tool", *ANY* hit reports the full path to the target. That is *GOOD*!

HOWEVER, if I'm exploring a specific directory with Caja and then search for the *IDENTICAL* sub-string I get a "hit" with ABSOLUTELY no indication of the file's location :{

My test case:
I created a test file at
/home/richard/Downloads/tk8.6.9/tests/ttk/owltstmarch9 .
I hope that is arbitrary enough ;}

Using 'march' as test string when using:
 1. "MATE Search Tool" yields exact location.
 2, Caja admits file exists *SOMEWHERE*

As an end USER:
 1. "MATE Search Tool" gives expected result - i.e. giving
     full path to target.
 2. Caja's search otherwise:
    A. The first time I used it, I expected to get hits *ONLY*
       in the current sub-directory.
    B. However it reports hits for *ANY* sub-directory at or
       below the current one. This can be very useful.
       *HOWEVER* it's usefulness is reduced by not reporting the
       full path to the target.

Comments?