Re: Screen resolution during Stretch installation

On 2019-03-01, Fabiano Ferronato <fabiferro@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I don't know if this is the wright place to ask, but I'm searching a lot
> trying to find a way to this problem.
> I'm installing Debian in my Asus ROG GL552VW laptop (Intel and Nvidia video
> cards) and the resolution (probably 3840x2160)is set in a way  that the
> font size is so small that I have to almost  put my face on the monitor so
> I can read. And the windows size is also larger than the monitor area, so I
> can't see the buttons. I can complete the installation either way, but I
> want to know why this is happening and how to solve this.
> After OS install, I try to follow Debian instructions to install Nvidia
> drivers. But I'm following every tutorial and ending up with a broken
> installation.

This reddit thread I stumbled on seems pertinent to your case:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxquestions/comments/8f9slp/cant_install_any_linux_distro_on_my_asus_rog/

Apparently the key is to set the "nomodeset" boot parameter at the boot
prompt.

--
“Let us again pretend that life is a solid substance, shaped like a globe,
which we turn about in our fingers. Let us pretend that we can make out a plain