Re: powernow-k8 module missing in kernel 4.9.0-8-rt-amd64

On 2/15/19, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2019-02-15, didier gaumet <didier.gaumet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Le 15/02/2019 à 09:26, Curt a écrit :
>>
>>> It's included as a module in *my* kernel 4.9.0-8-amd64:
>>>
>>> curty@einstein:~$  grep -i powernow /boot/con*
>>> /boot/config-4.9.0-7-amd64:CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K8=m
>>> /boot/config-4.9.0-8-amd64:CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K8=m
>>
>> I have verified: CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K8 is not mentionned in the config
>> file of linux-image-4.9.0-8-rt-amd64.
>> I do not know if it is a bug. But considering a real-time kernel, maybe
>> the Powernow functionnalities (frequency scaling and power management)
>> are partly or totally irrelevant?
>>

> The OP said she had an rt kernel? I missed that detail.

After you said that, I did, too (miss that part). For fun, I read back
through the included snippets still in my active inbox and, nope,
didn't see it...

So I searched my email trash bucket...

Never got past the subject line at that point. That would be the same
subject line that still sits in the active inbox, too. I'm thinking...
surely fodder for a cognitive/comprehension study somewhere.

In Reality, it's about how I personally mass-read emails. Right-click,
pop a whole bunch open in separate tabs, rapid read, and delete. That
reminds me, there's another possibly still unanswered Debian-User
thread that I keep meaning to go back to and pose a possible answer.
My method of email reading annoyingly, apparently, repeatedly triggers
a duplication of that other User's issue.

:)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey