Re: Swap space choice on a SSD <- Current best practice on?

On 2/13/19 1:28 PM, Andy Smith wrote:
On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 01:14:36PM -0800, David Christensen wrote:
A swap partition is faster than a swap file.

Has something changed in this regard since kernel version 2.6 then?

http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0507.0/1690.html

I do not follow Linux kernel development. Apparently, people wanted faster swap files badly enough to implement optimizations in kernel 2.6. I can only wonder how much complexity and KLOC are required (overall and per file system), if all Linux file systems support it, and are there benchmarks?

David