Re: Bug with soft raid?

Hello Steve,

As some of the other responders already said, check your drives' SMART values.
But a disk may fail without any indication in the SMART table. I've seen this a couple of years ago and documented it here: https://www.claudiokuenzler.com/blog/301/disk-failure-not-detected-by-smart-ata1-failed-command
The errors you've seen are also kind of similar as the ones I saw (although there are a couple of years in between, so Kernel messages might be a bit different now).

Long story short: It was indeed a defect hard drive causing the problems (and log entries).

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 7:20 PM David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
On 2/12/19 12:48 PM, David Christensen wrote:
> I had a Linux md RAID0 (mirror) ...

Correction -- RAID1 is mirror.

David