Re: (Stuck! Fresh 9.6 install) iwlwifi-8625-26.ucode <- Can not find/what is it? Spot of help please?

On 12.02.2019 3:46, deb wrote:

Thanks ~everyone:

Do I gather correctly that Brian is the resident, sarcastic, cranky-pants herein?

I stopped reading his replies to folks.

.... anyways:

> A suggestion, especially when installing on unfamiliar hardware, is to download the firmware archive for your platform and unpack it into a directory named firmware

I hear you on this @Peter^

I guess I'm kinda with Debian, in that I really want to know which non-free bits are being added in.

Providing a directory with EVERYTHING in there for it to be auto-loaded everywhere scares me.

@Étienne -- I'll try the -22.ucode alone one next -- but your warning on not using 9.7 strikes home.

I'm going to do that next  ... getting the 9.7 .iso going, that is.

Thanks for the helpful replies!

You can also use these official and unofficial at the same time images to install Debian. [1]
As a last resort you can disassemble laptop and physically remove Intel WiFi NIC before installation and put it back after installation is successful.
Depending on the model of laptop that procedure could be a matter of unplugging battery and unscrewing a few screws to remove plastic cover. But if you are not feeling comfortable doing that then skip this suggestion.

[1] https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/
--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀