Re: Systemd files on a Raspberry Pi

On 10/02/2019 08:24, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 01:47:20AM +1000, Andrew McGlashan wrote:

>>> And I think Debian can do fine without people who only contribute
>>> toxic behaviour. And yes, calling other projects a cancer is just
>>> that.
>> It has all the hallmarks of cancer, growing beyond itself to the
>> potential death of that which it has invaded.
> No. Ansgar is right here (and I say that as someone who dislikes
> systemd and is not really happy about it being the default in
> Debian).
>
> Disparaging other people/projects just because you don't like them
> is /not/ the way to go. Systemd is free software: thanks, systemd!
>
> If the likes of you invested half the energy you waste flinging
> mud at the systemd project/people into keeping SysV (or any of
> its alternatives) viable, world would be a better place.
>
> And yes, mud has come from the other side too, but at the moment
> I've the clear impression that the trolls are winning in the
> anti-systemd camp. I don't feel well there.
>
> Let's be glad MikeeeUSA went away and please, don't try to replace
> him.
>
> Cheers
> -- tomás

I agree we need to concentrate on ensuring that which ever system we
prefer, we make efforts to help make it better.  Ultimately we want make
Debian the best system out there too.   Devuan is Debian using sysv,  I
would assume everything else is the pretty much the same ( applications
and versions for example ).  I think choice is a good thing, we should
be thanful we have that choice.

On a slightly related topic as the About Myself application appears to
have issues, I have been working on a replacement.

https://github.com/zleap/AboutMe

However it has been pointed out to me on a different list that the
fields used with the adduser command so the extra fields are not needed
however I like the idea of a user profile tool anyway so am keeping my
tool as is.

Right now it will just use a text file to store the information.  Once I
have loading the data working,  it should be possible to just fork the
program to do what it is meant to do.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton